Where & When
This year, the 11th annual MRT Motorbike Rally for Travellers will be held at the Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground near Nelson, BC from August 2 – 5, 2019
Motorcycling in the heart of B.C.'s Kootenay Rockies
The MRT will consist of dayrides with challenges staged along the way. Compete in the challenges to win exciting prizes!
What types of challenges?—Expect a mix of slow-speed riding challenges, fun exercises, and travelling challenges that you could typically encounter on your motorcycle journeys. To participate in the challenges, you should be comfortable riding on Forest Service roads. All brands/street legal motorcycles are welcome.
Not interested in competing in the challenges?—Join us anyway on the dayrides and enjoy the camaraderie of motorcycle travellers. Take the opportunity to sit on the side of a mountain and just enjoy the views and all the fresh air that you can pocket.
Not interested in venturing onto Forest Service roads?—Enjoy the motorcycle traveller camaraderie at Toad Road and plan your own dayrides on all the twisty pavement that the BC Kootenays have to offer.
We invite you to a complete weekend:
- Friday Aug. 2: Join us for a Welcome Brats and Beer supper at Toad Rock followed by a riders meeting
- Saturday Aug 3:
- Have breakfast at Toad Rock before leaving on a 350 km dayride with challenges along the way
- Relax after returning to Toad Rock in the late afternoon
- In the evening, have supper and enjoy the live music on stage at Toad Rock
- Sunday Aug 4:
- Have breakfast at Toad Rock before leaving on a 250 km dayride with more challenges along the way
- Return to Toad Rock in the late afternoon for a final challenge
- After supper at Toad Rock, followed by awards ceremony and prizes
- Enjoy the live music on stage at Toad Rock
- Monday Aug 5: After breakfast at Toad Rock, depart on the Kootenay’s twisty roads for home or continue onward on your motorcycle journey…
Online signup and payment details coming soon.
In the meantime, contact Wolfgang Simmert at email@example.com